Edujesuit is the communication and participation platform of the Right to a Quality Education Core Group of the Global Ignatian Advocacy Network. It is a workspace where Jesuits and collaborators can share their experience and join together in order to achieve the universalization of this right, encouraging awareness-raising actions, advocacy relations and dialogues with decision makers in the education field regarding the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The Core Group has established the following goals:
- To launch a website that becomes a meeting spot for organizations and people engaged in the defense and promotion of the right to education.
- To promote the reflection about education as a right and as a public good from the position paper, among Jesuit communities, social and educative work.
- To develop an awareness campaign on the right to education on the intervention field of the Society of Jesus starting with the educative centers.
- To be present on the international forums and open a dialogue with international organizations and relevant instances from previous relations already existing of networks or member organizations of the network.
- To strengthen both the core group and the network coordination.
- To support the global dimension of initiatives and different approaches or demands promoted by Jesuit organizations in the local or national area.
The GIAN Right to Education Core Group is made up of the following people:
- Luis Ugalde, sj (Venezuela-CPAL)
- Augustin Kalubi, sj (Congo - JESAM)
- Ricardo Angulo (Spain - Europe, Education)
- Jorge Cardoso (Portugal - Europe, Social)
- William Muller, sj (USA)
- John Chathanatt, sj (India - South Asia)
- Lucía Rodríguez (Fe y Alegria is leading the network)