Educate Magis has recently released an updated version of the Jesuit Schools Global Map. The 2017 information has been gathered meticulously by the Educate Magis Team, the ICAJE members and the Jesuit and lay volunteers from schools around the world.
Thanks to this work we all have the opportunity to see and learn even more about the fabulous richness and diversity of our global network.
In the 2017 edition of the Global Map you will see some major updates such as:
- The updated list of schools, which includes 40 “new” schools by name, city and country. These changes are due to updated lists from all six regions and major updates for the South Asian network, JEASA.
- An updated number of staff and students in the traditional Jesuit schools.
- An updated number of schools and educational projects in both the Jesuit Refugee Service and Fe y Alegría network as well as an updated number of people they serve.
- The inclusion of Jesuit provinces in India, and North America. In order to make the map easier to read we have included Jesuit Provinces for North America and India due to their large number of schools’.
- The presence of the Regional School Networks’ logos, names and websites.
- And perhaps the most visible change has been the Jesuit schools’ logo from the simple black circle to the Jesuit sunburst logo.
This wonderful resource shows that a Jesuit school’s home is the world, and that its inhabitants (students, teachers, staff, school leadership, school boards) are part of a Global Mission, where the possibilities to grow and work as global citizens are endless.
It also highlights the incredible reach that Fe y Alegria and the Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)Schools and Educational Projects have worldwide. Giving the Global Network an even wider sense of Global citizenship by their example of working across nations with people on the margins, following our Ignatian spirit.
We invite all the Global Jesuit and Ignatian Schools, the Jesuit Organizations, Educators, Alumni and anyone else who might be inspired by Jesuit primary and secondary Education to print this wonderful resource and to show it to the world! If you do print and hang this map please send us a photo to email@example.com, we would love to add it to our global gallery!
The Global Map can be downloaded in different file types to be either printed (PDF, AI, EPS) or included in a presentation or website (PNG).